Grant Assessment Process
Applications for next years program will be open in early 2018.
The application, assessment and selection process for the SUEZ Community Grants program takes place over the course of a few months, with this year’s process as follows.
- Grant applications are completed and submitted via the online application system before 5pm on 19 May 2017.
- Applications are reviewed by the assessment panel and projects shortlisted, including for the ‘Employees’ Choice’ grant, decided by SUEZ employees in each state through a popular vote.
- Shortlisted applications are validated by the SUEZ Community Grants team and SUEZ Ethics Officer.
- Successful and unsuccessful applicants are informed.
- Grant funding is issued.
- SUEZ employees vote on the ‘Employees’ Choice’ shortlisted projects.
- Projects are undertaken and/or completed.
- Recipients complete and submit an acquittal report.
- The grant round is completed.
Applications will undergo a pre-eligibility check prior to being assessed by a SUEZ representative in the relevant state or territory. This assessment is solely based on the information provided in the application form, and no additional attachments will be reviewed as part of this process.
Each application will be assessed according to its alignment with SUEZ’s core philosophy of ‘creating a sustainable future’, our key focus areas and the application process guidelines.
Not all applications that meet the selection criteria will necessarily receive a grant. Preference will be given to applications that:
- fully complete the online application form
- meet at least one of our key focus areas
- strongly support our philosophy of creating a sustainable future, and
- demonstrate a well-defined project that is sustainable beyond acquittal of the funding.
The SUEZ Community Grants team will notify all successful applicants via telephone, followed with a letter of offer confirming the success of the application. The letter of offer will include a funding agreement which, once signed and receipted by SUEZ, will enable us to provide the funds by EFT to an approved bank account. Funding will not be provided by cheque or cash.
The provision of funds will take place before the end of August 2017 , provided that the successful recipients provide SUEZ with their necessary paperwork in time.
All applications will be reviewed and assessed by a SUEZ assessment panel comprising both state and national representatives. Applicants and recipients may be directly contacted by SUEZ for the purpose of application validation and due diligence.
The assessment panel will create two shortlists of projects:
- projects recommended to receive a grant, and
- projects in each relevant state/territory that SUEZ employees will be invited to vote on.
Final approval of grants will be made by the national SUEZ Community Grants team and SUEZ Ethics Officer.
Unsuccessful applicants will be advised of the outcome of their application via email or post, and we are unable to advise detailed individual feedback on applications at this stage. The decision of the national SUEZ Community Grants team is final and no review will be undertaken. Should your application be unsuccessful, we encourage you to apply for future rounds.