All grant applications are assessed against the eligibility criteria, so it is important that you carefully review this information to give your submission the best chance of success.
SUEZ is committed to working with communities towards a more sustainable future, and we have developed a set of criteria to ensure funding is directed to projects with the greatest potential for impact.
To be eligable for a grant projects must address at least one of our two key focus areas:
Improve our environment
Improve our local communities
To be considered, grant applications must provide documentation to demonstrate that they:
- meet one or two focus areas
- are a legal entity, registered in Australia or New Zealand with current Australian Business Number (ABN) or New Zealand Business Number (NZBN), or have the legal backing of one, such as an auspice or funding partner
- are an Australian or New Zealand registered charity or community organisation based in Australia or New Zealand (or have the legal backing of one, such as an auspice or funding partner) providing services and/or delivering projects in Australian or New Zealand communities
- have the ability or capacity to be maintained as an entity, independently of SUEZ’s support
- agree that financial assistance provided by SUEZ through the SUEZ Community Grants program must be spent on the approved project within the agreed time frame
- agree that, upon receiving approval from SUEZ, any financial assistance provided through the SUEZ Community Grants program will be publicly acknowledged, and
- have read the SUEZ Community Grants Terms and Conditions.
Please note that we will not accept more than one grant application per year for an individual project, but that you are welcome to submit applications for multiple separate projects in the same grant round.
What we will not fund
SUEZ assesses all grant applications on their individual merits and the benefits each project will provide to the community. However, there are some things we will not fund, including:
- events or activities that may be detrimental to the environment
- events associated with gambling or alcohol
- political or military organisations or activities
- religious or sectarian organisations involved in purely religious/sectarian activities, and
- overseas programs and projects, including international goodwill agencies.
For a full list of the activities that will not be funded by the SUEZ Community Grants program please review our FAQ.
If you are still unsure whether your project fits within SUEZ guidelines for a community grant, please contact our team:
Email: email@example.com (general enquiries)
Phone: 02 8775 5535 (9.00am – 5.00pm, Monday to Friday)