Terms and conditions
The SUEZ Community Grants program is a sponsorship program funded by SUEZ Recycling & Recovery Pty Ltd ABN 70 002 902 650 (‘SUEZ’). Financial assistance provided through this program is to be recognised as a sponsorship and any financial assistance supplied is done so with the expectation of a commercial return.
The SUEZ Community Grants program is designed to support SUEZ’s partnership with community organisations and address its strategic business and commercial priorities.
The following terms and conditions apply to the SUEZ Community Grants program:
1. If an Application does not comply with these terms and conditions, it will be ruled invalid and withdrawn from consideration.
2. Applications are invited from Australian registered charity or community organisations in accordance with the eligibility criteria detailed on the SUEZ Community Grants website.
3. To apply for a grant, applicants must accurately complete the SUEZ Community Grants Application Form available online at www.suezcommunitygrants.com.au.
4. To be included in the SUEZ Community Grants process, completed Applications must be submitted online by 5pm (AEST) on 5 May 2017.
5. By applying for a grant, applicants and recipients agree to abide by these terms and conditions. These terms and conditions are to be read in conjunction with the eligibility criteria and guidelines on the SUEZ Community Grants website and contained within the online application process before Applications are submitted. They will together form the terms of the Agreement for the grant.
6. As the number of responses may be substantial, not every Application that meets the selection criteria will necessarily receive a grant. The ultimate decision in as to who grants will be issued and the amount is at the sole discretion of SUEZ and no correspondence will be entered into relating to the decision process or the outcome.
7. By submitting an Application, applicants and successful grant recipients consent to SUEZ using and disclosing the information provided for the purposes of conducting the SUEZ Community Grants program, reviewing, processing and awarding the grants and any other matter connected to or incidental to the program, including marketing and promoting both the program and SUEZ.
8. Applicants and recipients may be contacted by SUEZ, or its representatives, directly for the purpose of Application validation and due diligence. All Applications become the property of SUEZ.
9. SUEZ reserves the right, at any time, to verify the validity of Applications and to disqualify any Application that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions.
10. Any funding received from SUEZ must be spent solely for the purpose of the approved Application project, and within the time period stated in the SUEZ Community Grants Application Form. This period must be no longer than six (6) months after the date that the grant has been issued.
11. Any financial assistance provided from the SUEZ Community Grants program is considered a sponsorship. You should check the nature of any supply made by SUEZ with your taxation adviser. Notwithstanding, any grant from the SUEZ Community Grants program includes any applicable GST.
12. If, at any time, the purpose of the grant funded project no longer exists or the project is no longer able to be achieved in the manner described in the Application submitted to SUEZ, the grant recipient must advise SUEZ of this and discuss alternate options.
13. SUEZ may vary the amount of the grant provided through the program at its sole discretion.
14. SUEZ’s financial assistance to the grant funded project must be acknowledged, regardless of the amount of funding. To acknowledge the SUEZ Community Grants program’s financial assistance, recipients must display the SUEZ Community Grants logo or state in writing that the SUEZ Community Grants program has assisted with the funding of the project.
15. All promotional material, advertising, media releases and other material containing the SUEZ Community Grants logo, or any reference to SUEZ funding via the SUEZ Community Grants program, must be submitted to, and approved by, SUEZ prior to production or release. SUEZ reserves the right to make amendments prior to the release of the material. SUEZ and the SUEZ Community Grants program may not be referred to for any purposes outside of the scope of the grant funded project.
16. The grant recipient shall not do or say anything or cause anyone to do or say anything that may prejudice, or be detrimental or cause damage to, the name and reputation of the SUEZ Community Grants program or SUEZ.
17. SUEZ will promote and report on the funded programs to its partners, customers, employees, SUEZ representatives and networks, and the community through internal and external communication channels, including but not limited to online, social media, in SUEZ sites and branches, website publications, advertising, editorials, newsletters, reports, promotional and vehicle displays.
18. Upon SUEZ’s request, grant recipients will supply SUEZ with photos, quotes and materials which will become the property of SUEZ, who will use them for marketing and promotional purposes.
19. The grant recipient must provide SUEZ with an acquittal report within one (1) month of the project completion date. SUEZ will monitor and follow up successful recipients regarding acquittal reports, identifying opportunities for marketing and promotion. Recipients that fail to complete the acquittal process will be noted and their future applications may be declined.
20. Recipients of funding must be a registered charity organisation or community group in Australia holding a current Australian Business Number (ABN), or have the legal backing of one i.e. an auspice or funding partner.
21. The provision of any financial assistance will only be deposited into a bank account held by the nominated organisation upon receipt of a Tax Invoice. Grant funding will not be deposited into accounts of individuals.
22. SUEZ is not liable for any additional costs associated with submitting your Application or the taking of a grant. Should the actual total project costs be more than the proposed project costs, SUEZ will not be responsible for payment of, or be obliged to pay, any monies additional to the notified grant amount.
23. The SUEZ Community Grants program will not provide additional SUEZ products or services as part of the grant, unless otherwise agreed with SUEZ at its absolute discretion.
24. SUEZ is not liable for any loss, damage and/or personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with, or as a result of, the SUEZ Community Grants program, use of a grant, or participation in the program.
25. The grant recipient agrees to indemnify (and keep indemnified) SUEZ (including our officers, employees and agents) against any loss, liability, injury or death incurred by us (including any loss or damage to our property, or loss or expense incurred by us in dealing with any claim against us) arising from any acts, omissions and/or negligence of the grant recipient, or your employees or agents in connection with this Agreement.
26. The grant recipient must keep and maintain adequate insurance (including public liability insurance) for the activities carried out in relation to this program, or projects the subject of this program, against any claims for loss or damage to property and/or injury or death to persons.
27. An authorised SUEZ representative may, where appropriate, visit the program project site before, throughout and after the funding period, at times agreed by both parties.
28. The grant recipient must repay the full or relevant part of the granted funding to SUEZ within thirty (30) business days after it receives a formal notice from SUEZ if:
a. SUEZ has overpaid the grant recipient; or
b. as at the grant funded project’s completion date, grant monies have not been spent in accordance with the approved Application;
29. The SUEZ Community Grants program can be suspended or terminated at any time without notice.
These terms and conditions may be amended or withdrawn at the discretion of SUEZ. SUEZ will publish any revised conditions at www.suezcommunitygrants.com.au. Applicants should visit the website from time to time to review the current and effective terms and conditions.